Throughout the year, Lindbergh Schools will occasionally release students at an earlier than usual time. These dates allow teachers time to collaborate, learn and write curriculum, which in turn benefits students. Please read below for dates and dismissal times.
Districtwide Early Release
- Sept. 12, Nov. 14, Dec. 5, Jan. 9, Feb. 13, April 24
During Wednesday early release days, teachers spend valuable time working together to make students’ educational experiences even stronger and help them achieve their best. This professional collaboration, technology training and curriculum time help keep Lindbergh strong.
Dismissal times are as follows:
- LHS: 12:20 p.m.
- Middle Schools: 12:35 p.m.
- Elementary Schools:
- 1:40 p.m. – full day
- 8:45-10:55 a.m. – half day a.m. kindergarten
- 11:30 a.m.-1:40 p.m. – half day p.m. kindergarten
During end-of-quarter records day for teachers, no lunch will be served and students will be dismissed at the following times:
- LHS: 10:50 a.m.
- Middle Schools: 11:05 a.m.
- Elementary schools: 11:50 a.m.
- Oct. 19 – A.M. kindergarten only
- March 15 – P.M. kindergarten only
- March 22 – A.M. and P.M. kindergarten attend 8:45 a.m.-11:50 p.m.
- May 23 – End of 4th Quarter, Last Day of School
Lindbergh High School’s 8th Hour modified schedule provides students with opportunities for class meetings, extra study time, test make-up, club meetings and A Plus tutoring. A complete listing of 8th Hour Wednesdays is available at the end of this article.
In addition, LHS instructors are provided with valuable collaboration time to analyze classroom data and adjust their instruction specifically to student learning patterns. LHS’ test scores are some of the highest in St. Louis county and the state as a result!
Please note that the March 13, 2013 8th Hour Wednesday is the last one for 2012-13.
Important notes for parents:
- All students are provided with 8th Hour opportunities on campus until 2:25 p.m. dismissal.
- Buses will run on their regular schedule and pick up from LHS at 2:25 p.m.
- 8th Hour begins at 1:30 p.m. Students are encouraged to be on campus at all times and take advantage of the 8th Hour programs available to them.
Wednesday 8 Hour Schedule
- 1st Hour (7:25–8:10)
- 2nd Hour (8:15–8:55)
- 3rd Hour (9:00–9:40)
- 4th Hour (9:45–10:25)
- 6th Hour (10:30–11:10)
- 5th Hour (11:10–12:40)
- 1st Lunch (11:10 — 11:40)
- 2nd Lunch (11:40 — 12:10)
- 3rd Lunch (12:10 — 12:40)
- 7th Hour (12:45–1:25)
- 8th Hour (1:30-2:25)
Mothers’ Club Snacks
Mothers’ Club will sell drinks and snacks in the commons during 8th hour on each 8th Hour Wednesday. Items available will include Gatorade, Propel, water, Rice KrispieTreats, Clif Bars and Cheez-Its. Prices range from 25 cents for Airheads and 50 cents for bottled water and chips, to $1.50 for 20-oz Gatorades. Propels and assorted candies are $1.